Communications Manager, Paid Family and Medical Leave Campaign
Reports to: Policy Director
Location: Seattle, Washington; Olympia, Washington
The Economic Opportunity Institute is seeking a temporary communications manager to plan and oversee all aspects of communications for the Washington Work and Family Coalition’s upcoming legislative campaign to pass Paid Family and Medical Leave in Washington.
The person in this position will work closely with EOI Policy Director and Washington Work and Family Coalition Organizer to provide strategic and day-to-day communications support for Washington Work and Family Coalition – specifically the effort to pass and fund a Paid Family and Medical Leave program during the 2017 legislative session.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with message development.
- Utilizing creative outreach to build coalition email/membership lists.
- Conducting online mobilization efforts via social media and email.
- Managing content for an existing blog/website (using WordPress.com).
- Leading media outreach and responding to media inquiries.
- Editing and producing printed materials (fact sheets, reports, briefs).
- Preparing, and briefing coalition members on, talking points before and during campaign effort.
The ideal candidate will have: experience suitable for/applicable to the job description above; personal transportation and availability for occasional travel to Olympia before and during the legislative session; and capacity to work part-time in a dedicated workspace at the offices of the Economic Opportunity Institute (located in downtown Seattle).
Start date is ASAP, working through anticipated end of 2017 legislative session (likely spring, possibly early summer 2017).
This is a contract position. Hours and pay are negotiable.
Send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position to email@example.com, Attn: Marilyn Watkins. Applicants wishing to submit additional materials should incorporate them into the same PDF document with their cover letter and resume.